Friday 29 April 2016

Handkerchief Box

I have always loved "old things". Even as a child I was fascinated by antiques and vintage items.  As we live in an increasingly mass-produced, throwaway world I have come to appreciate the workmanship and style of older items even more, whether they be tools, ceramics, jewellery, linen or this - one of the old boxed handkerchief sets of my childhood and teenage years.  

At one time they were quite popular gifts, not only for the lovely embroidered handkerchiefs but the beautiful pictures on the cardboard boxes in which they came.  If my memory serves me right Granny Manson may have given this one to my mother as a gift.  Generally they were stored safely away because no one ever wanted to use them - they were far too pretty! 







No comments:

Post a Comment